Commissioned by the West Valley Youth Orchestra (under the direction of Mrs. Claire Gordon), this piece is a musical take on what a student's typical school day looks like...with a healthy helping of humor and high-jinks, to boot. Sections to listen for include 1) Brand New Day; 2) Battle of the Locker; 3) Specials; 4) Homework; and 5) Watching the Clock. Dialogue and sound effects should be performed as scored for maximum interest.
Sound effects not included.
Length: 5-6 minutes
Day in the Life (PDF Version)
- You may perform this piece in a concert setting.
- You may upload an archival recording of your ensemble's performance to YouTube/Vimeo.
- You may charge for a live performance of this piece.
- You may perform this piece year after year without the need to purchase it again.
- You may make a reasonable number copies as necessary for rehearsal within your ensemble.
You MAY NOT
- You may NOT re-sell this piece.
- You may NOT distribute the score or parts to other ensembles.
- You may NOT re-arrange, re-orchestrate, or otherwise alter the overall musical structure of this piece.
By purchasing this piece, you agree to the above terms.